Youth and School outreach is focused on taking religion from a subject learned to an exciting faith that is lived. Young Christians will experience how faith and fun truly go hand in hand.
Through energetic and engaging discussions, the young people involved will:
- Encounter the message and challenge of living life God centered rather than self centered
- Engage in outreach activities that spring forth from a heart convinced that everything we have is a gift from God
- Have the message reinforced with ready to download power point presentations(for teachers/facilitators), professionally designed posters, and other support material that will help the youth live stewardship as a way of life
I just wanted to let you know how much my girls and my niece and nephew enjoyed the Stewardship: A Mission of Faith visits to their classes. Anytime they came in the kids would discuss the talks after school at my kitchen table. It was a positive experience for all of them. —Maureen, Parent and Aunt
Sample Monthly Activites from St. Francis of Assisi School:
Stewardship – To Jesus Through Mary!
“Well done my good and faithful servant.” -Jesus
January (Mary statue with family rosary guide sent home) Stewardship – A Way of Life
- Assemblies on January 19th & 21st to introduce Stewardship as a way of life
- Focus on Bible as textbook of Stewardship, Mass/Eucharist as the classroom and home/school the lab
- Posters that match theme displayed in classrooms and hallways of school each month
- Stewardship booklets for each student to keep in school and one per family to bring home
February (Incorporate into First Friday Mass) (book for parents) Stewardship of Prayer
- “Full court press” for 2nd graders receiving first reconciliation in February (2nd grade prays for each other)
- Mass and Rosary – the most powerful “one-two” prayer punch
- Pray for Priests and Seminarians – Year of the Priest – St. John Vianney
- Prayer intention cards, prayer books, Stewardship/vocation prayer cards at school and to send home
March (Incorporate into First Friday Mass) Stewardship of Family
- A family that prays together- stays together! (Start full court pray press for 6th grade)
- Mass and Rosary as a family – The Blessed Mother’s message at Fatima
- “Offer it up!” – the Joy of Sacrifice – as an individual and a family
April (Mary – The perfect pearl of God’s Creation) Stewardship of Creation
- “I make all things new” – The Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus – Experience all three TODAY!
- Earth Day – How do we take care of the gift of God’s creation
- “Full Court Press” of prayer continued for confirmation class
May (Instructional Mass) Stewardship of Faith
- The Source and Summit of our Faith – The Most Holy Eucharist – “full court press” of prayer for 2nd grade
- Living Rosary on Saxer Avenue – “My Immaculate Heart will Triumph”(flowers to Mary, walking rosary)
- Utilize Stewardship of Faith(Eucharist) booklet at school and send one home to each family
June (Incorporate into First Friday Mass) Stewardship of Life
- The Stewardship Way of Life does not stop during summer vacation
- Don’t take a vacation from Mass and the Rosary
- The beach, the pool, the playground – Faith and Fun can play in the same sandbox together!
If you would like more information on how you can bring this exciting program to your school, please click here.
Please click here to help us distribute these powerful tools nationwide.